Reserve Your Spot Today
Reserve your spot in the Better Conversations Course beginning Thursday, June 15, 2023 at 1:00 ET and running for five consecutive weeks.
This course, designed by the Better Conversations Foundation and led by Dr Robyn, is designed with your best interests in mind: to learn and experience the power of better connections at work and home through Better Conversations. The aim is to make sure that the five sessions you participate in build on each other and are of the highest quality possible.
What to Expect
Clear and easy to understand content.
- No slides! Dr Robyn will be using flip charts to capture and support your learning we have learned that this creates better engagement and allows us to adjust the sessions to your needs. The course handbook, sent to you prior to the start of the course, is designed to help you revise the content and capture your learning.
- A sequence of models and exercises that will build on one another, so that by the end, you’ll have new skills and awareness of how to have Better Conversations.
- Exercises that allow you to learn and practice both as a whole group and in smaller breakout rooms.
- Time for reflection on your learning at the end of each session.
- Optional fieldwork (like homework, only more enjoyable) between sessions to explore and practice the skills.
- You are encouraged to be in touch between sessions should you have questions, want to share your insights or need support.
“It doesn’t matter how good you are, or rather, how good you think you are at something… there is always room for improvement. Even when it comes to topics like… holding conversations!
I had the pleasure of experiencing the Better Conversations course led by Dr. Robyn.
The course is designed to help you learn and experience the power of better connections at work and home through… you guessed it… Better Conversations!
I took so much from this course and I hope those I interact with benefit as much as I have.”
• Co-founder of a national venture firm
This course is designed to:
- Increase your awareness of your own state and how this can affect your conversations.
- Support you to notice and get curious about your conversational partner’s state.
- Develop your listening, questioning and curiosity skills.
- Build on your existing conversational approaches and experiences.
- Provide a framework for giving evidence based feedback
- Help you determine your own outcomes for Better Conversations and how to achieve them.
- After attending all five sessions you will receive a certificate of completion and, if you would like, access to the open source flight-plans so you can make the course your own and deliver it yourself.
- Gets you access to all five sessions
- Additional 30 minutes with Dr Robyn after each session for Q&A
- Course handbook
- Certificate of completion
- And, should you want them, the flight-plans (through the foundation) so you can give Better Conversations yourself.
- If you have to miss a session for an unforeseen reason, you will be able to make it up in a future course.
“Unlock the communication barriers and challenges every organization faces. Especially those difficult conversations that give you a pit in your stomach. Whether it’s fostering team cohesion, addressing performance matters, or just making meetings more productive, this will help.
Better Conversations with Dr. Robyn guides leaders to find a better, faster way to have hard but necessary conversations in business and in our personal lives.”
Meet Your Facilitator
Dr. Robyn is known as The Mental MacGyver. She is a former competitive beach volleyball player with 14 years of corporate experience and 15 years owning Champion Performance Development. Her doctorate is in organizational (business) psychology with a concentration in sport and performance and she has continuing education in nutrition. She has written three books, given a TEDx talk and hosts a daily video podcast called “Quick Hits”. She adores the intellectual stimulation of a good conversation and is thrilled to be partnering with the Better Conversations Foundation to offer their flagship course, Better Conversations. In her spare time, she reads astrophysics for fun, works out, tends to her garden and WAY too many houseplants and trains her dog Nebula to do circus tricks.
“This awesome training (one hour a week for 5 weeks), gives you a solid toolbox to better communicate in all spheres of your life. I have truly enjoyed each session and highly recommend it.
Thank you Dr. Robyn for training us and being our coach.”
• HR executive
I highly recommend this course, masterfully taught by the incomparable Dr. Robyn.”
• PhD and academic professional
“Overall, I found the “Better Conversations” course to be a life-changing investment. Dr. Robyn’s expertise, combined with her kindness and enthusiasm, make her the perfect facilitator for this course. If you’re looking to improve your communication skills and build stronger relationships, I highly recommend this course – you won’t be disappointed!”
“Thrilled to have completed Dr. Robyn’s 5-week course Better Conversations on having more engaging conversations, asking the right questions and better understanding the context. It empowers you to understand emotions and perspective better while knowing your own state and how to have more meaningful conversations. Excellent program and even better facilitator.”
• IT professional